By Tim Redmond
So Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier wants credit for the really dumb idea of extending the payroll tax waiver for biotech companies.
I guess she'd rather look like an idiot than let Newsom grab that dubious spotlight. Because as I pointed out in a column this week, the biotech tax break won't create a single private-sector job in San Francisco, not one -- and because it will reduce the city's revenue, it will lead to more service cuts, which means more public sector jobs lost.
So the net impact of this plan is fewer jobs in the city. You want to be the one whose name is on that, Michela? Go for it.
Most Commented On
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- ZjFEnIWzdDRHkwl - July 25, 2014
- You sure showed her, keyboard - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- uWBZVeYJNjDqkBKT - July 25, 2014
- KDwLAXQpXXoGyi - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014