By Tim Redmond
So Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier wants credit for the really dumb idea of extending the payroll tax waiver for biotech companies.
I guess she'd rather look like an idiot than let Newsom grab that dubious spotlight. Because as I pointed out in a column this week, the biotech tax break won't create a single private-sector job in San Francisco, not one -- and because it will reduce the city's revenue, it will lead to more service cuts, which means more public sector jobs lost.
So the net impact of this plan is fewer jobs in the city. You want to be the one whose name is on that, Michela? Go for it.
Most Commented On
- power of prayers - April 20, 2014
- NXnIkASWEdbXKX - April 20, 2014
- DEdvViLvRCaDldDNNCll - April 20, 2014
- EjkBgTgZDFEPU - April 20, 2014
- eLuuLuuYbQoHhFTe - April 20, 2014
- sNcIeFFgwytVM - April 20, 2014
- OoeJblVvLCQGbGM - April 20, 2014
- xDVkbforskWEN - April 20, 2014
- idrmEbxoIArC - April 20, 2014
- a spell caster who brought my ex husband back to me - April 20, 2014