By Tim Redmond
So Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier wants credit for the really dumb idea of extending the payroll tax waiver for biotech companies.
I guess she'd rather look like an idiot than let Newsom grab that dubious spotlight. Because as I pointed out in a column this week, the biotech tax break won't create a single private-sector job in San Francisco, not one -- and because it will reduce the city's revenue, it will lead to more service cuts, which means more public sector jobs lost.
So the net impact of this plan is fewer jobs in the city. You want to be the one whose name is on that, Michela? Go for it.
Most Commented On
- Poor Gerard must have a lot - July 23, 2014
- But you're not refuting - July 23, 2014
- What damage does the Hetch Hetchy dam cause now? - July 23, 2014
- I really don't understand - July 23, 2014
- It's really about make it - July 23, 2014
- thank you dr sule - July 23, 2014
- Keep the dam - July 23, 2014
- MUNI workers need raises - NOW - July 23, 2014
- Do they have the right to target civilians, Greg? - July 23, 2014
- Balance - July 23, 2014