By Tim Redmond
So Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier wants credit for the really dumb idea of extending the payroll tax waiver for biotech companies.
I guess she'd rather look like an idiot than let Newsom grab that dubious spotlight. Because as I pointed out in a column this week, the biotech tax break won't create a single private-sector job in San Francisco, not one -- and because it will reduce the city's revenue, it will lead to more service cuts, which means more public sector jobs lost.
So the net impact of this plan is fewer jobs in the city. You want to be the one whose name is on that, Michela? Go for it.
Most Commented On
- The new generation of San - April 17, 2014
- Yes, much of Greg's ideology is rooted in envy. - April 17, 2014
- Public comments are almost always a waste of time - April 17, 2014
- ETMUxocYYiwANXioJal - April 17, 2014
- Imagine living in San - April 17, 2014
- The cost of giving homes to every homeless person is infinite - April 17, 2014
- molAtMJscZGvjy - April 17, 2014
- Go sailing - April 17, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME GET SOLVE MY FAMILY ISSUES - April 17, 2014
- YES - April 17, 2014