Amid all the political acrimony that divides San Franciscans, the Board of Supervisors has finally found something that it can unanimously and enthusiastically support: fundraising for relief to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
All 11 supervisors are listed on the Facebook invitation as planning to attend a Haiti relief fundraiser at the Rickshaw Stop from 5-7 p.m. today (although Sup. Michele Alioto-Pier is still in the hospital recovering from a leg injury and is unlikely to attend). The suggested donation of $20 goes to the Haiti Emergency Relief Fund. See you there.
BTW, in case you’re wondering whether this event raises concerns about an improper meeting by the full board, Sup. John Avalos (who helped organize the event) responded by saying, “According to the City Attorney, the Supervisor fundraiser gathering will be OK as it is considered a ‘passive meeting’ and will not have a legislative function but a purely social one. The Clerk is also putting up a notice online.”
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014