Amid all the political acrimony that divides San Franciscans, the Board of Supervisors has finally found something that it can unanimously and enthusiastically support: fundraising for relief to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
All 11 supervisors are listed on the Facebook invitation as planning to attend a Haiti relief fundraiser at the Rickshaw Stop from 5-7 p.m. today (although Sup. Michele Alioto-Pier is still in the hospital recovering from a leg injury and is unlikely to attend). The suggested donation of $20 goes to the Haiti Emergency Relief Fund. See you there.
BTW, in case you’re wondering whether this event raises concerns about an improper meeting by the full board, Sup. John Avalos (who helped organize the event) responded by saying, “According to the City Attorney, the Supervisor fundraiser gathering will be OK as it is considered a ‘passive meeting’ and will not have a legislative function but a purely social one. The Clerk is also putting up a notice online.”
Most Commented On
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 25, 2014
- ZJOZJVBLJlr - July 25, 2014
- Simple Solution: Fire Phil Ginsburg - July 25, 2014
- Respect the will of San Francisco voters and Taxpayers - July 25, 2014
- Like your love of transit experts - July 25, 2014
- Follow the Money - July 25, 2014
- Chiu introduces legislation to regulate Airbnb and short-term - July 25, 2014
- CIVBkItdZd - July 25, 2014
- Gourmand or gourmet? - July 25, 2014
- Vote the bums out - July 25, 2014