Just spoke with Sup. David Campos, who has some interesting thoughts on the next mayor and whether the supervisors should seek to change the City Charter to create a special election instead of filling a mayoral vacancy by appointment.
"I don't have a problem with people having the final say," Campos told me. "And they will, since there will be an election for mayor next year anyway.
"But the current system has been in place a long time, and a district-elected board appointed Dianne Feinstein mayor, and nobody had any problems with it back then. It's just now that Newsom has decided to run for another office that he's talking about this. It's really self-serving."
Yep, that it is.
Most Commented On
- Do you even know what these words mean? - June 18, 2013
- Speak for yourself - June 18, 2013
- Lucretia is eternal - June 18, 2013
- JAW: Part II even better than Part I - June 18, 2013
- So, so, so much wrong here - June 18, 2013
- My thoughts exactly. What a - June 18, 2013
- I'll miss the Guardian, it - June 18, 2013
- Steve has job-retention worries - June 18, 2013
- No kidding - June 18, 2013
- Please be more specific if you even capable of such. - June 18, 2013