Just spoke with Sup. David Campos, who has some interesting thoughts on the next mayor and whether the supervisors should seek to change the City Charter to create a special election instead of filling a mayoral vacancy by appointment.
"I don't have a problem with people having the final say," Campos told me. "And they will, since there will be an election for mayor next year anyway.
"But the current system has been in place a long time, and a district-elected board appointed Dianne Feinstein mayor, and nobody had any problems with it back then. It's just now that Newsom has decided to run for another office that he's talking about this. It's really self-serving."
Yep, that it is.
Most Commented On
- Thanks to Dr.Igbodo who solve my love problem - April 24, 2014
- Lets of under 30 days are not covered by rent control even if - April 24, 2014
- That would be a logical and consistent approach else the city - April 24, 2014
- So, Steven, you tried to get him to discredit capitalism - April 24, 2014
- Many nations thrive on the simple ability of allowing the rich - April 24, 2014
- how i get my wife back - April 24, 2014
- nice! - April 24, 2014
- thanks to one Dr Bacasim a spell caster - April 24, 2014
- SFMTA repeals paid Sunday - April 24, 2014
- thanks - April 24, 2014