Just spoke with Sup. David Campos, who has some interesting thoughts on the next mayor and whether the supervisors should seek to change the City Charter to create a special election instead of filling a mayoral vacancy by appointment.
"I don't have a problem with people having the final say," Campos told me. "And they will, since there will be an election for mayor next year anyway.
"But the current system has been in place a long time, and a district-elected board appointed Dianne Feinstein mayor, and nobody had any problems with it back then. It's just now that Newsom has decided to run for another office that he's talking about this. It's really self-serving."
Yep, that it is.
Most Commented On
- vSaPiyGOAJHyN - July 26, 2014
- he cured my hiv - July 26, 2014
- OjzityDRCznH - July 26, 2014
- mrZCimeLROuMX - July 26, 2014
- Track record - July 26, 2014
- IXmOYHVCjoQGYm - July 26, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 26, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 26, 2014
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014