The first of nine Sundays Streets events -- San Francisco’s version of the car-free ciclovias that have caught on in cities around the world over the last few years, temporarily transforming roadways into vital public spaces -- was held Sunday (3/14) along the Embarcadero, drawing an impressive turnout on a beautiful day.
Despite some initial resistance to the idea among Fisherman’s Wharf merchants when it started here two years ago, Sunday Streets now seems to be accepted and welcomed by most San Franciscans, even in the once-fearful business community.
Personally, the slightly sterile Embarcadero route was my least favorite route in years’ past, and I think the concept generally works better in areas with more street life, such as in the Mission, where Sunday Streets will be held June 20 and July 11. So I’m happy to see the number of events being expanded this year to include rides in Western Addition and the Tenderloin this fall.
Most Commented On
- Say, that's a stunning full - April 24, 2014
- That's exactly why she cannot be trusted - April 24, 2014
- Imagine an international SEIU - April 24, 2014
- this is the best spell caster in the world - April 24, 2014
- My Name is Mr James smith .I - April 24, 2014
- What works, systemically? - April 24, 2014
- Miss Precious Nzunde can destroy your puppetmaster!!! - April 24, 2014
- A REAL SPELL CASTER - April 24, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- My name is jenifer and i live - April 24, 2014