I knew that Republicans have gotten pretty loony these days, but gubernatorial hopeful Steve Poizner was downright scary in his debate with Meg Whitman yesterday, threatening to create racial unrest and bankrupt the state in the name of being more conservative-than-thou.
He wants to deny all public services to undocumented immigrants and chided Whitman for not currently supporting Prop. 187, the 1994 measure that was struck down by the courts as unconstitutional. And after correctly saying California was “on the brink of economic collapse,” he went on promote that collapse by calling for a 10 percent reduction in sales, corporate, and income taxes, which really would bankrupt a state government that is already wrestling with a multi-billion-dollar budget deficit.
Now, I know that he’s pandering to the right-wing lunatic fringe of California, where Republicans are less than a third of voters and shrinking, and they’re all riled up these days from drinking too much Fox-brewed tea. But damn, this guy has really lost his mind.
Most Commented On
- And disagreeing with myself too! - April 17, 2014
- Ignorant troll - April 17, 2014
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014
- Of course you would, Greg. You want city policies decided by the - April 17, 2014
- Times change - April 17, 2014
- Wait, Greg, I thought you loved central and south America - April 17, 2014
- Actually, Greg, the offices where we do elect folks are more - April 17, 2014
- So you're the infamous SFparkripoff who I'm supposed to be! - April 17, 2014