I knew that Republicans have gotten pretty loony these days, but gubernatorial hopeful Steve Poizner was downright scary in his debate with Meg Whitman yesterday, threatening to create racial unrest and bankrupt the state in the name of being more conservative-than-thou.
He wants to deny all public services to undocumented immigrants and chided Whitman for not currently supporting Prop. 187, the 1994 measure that was struck down by the courts as unconstitutional. And after correctly saying California was “on the brink of economic collapse,” he went on promote that collapse by calling for a 10 percent reduction in sales, corporate, and income taxes, which really would bankrupt a state government that is already wrestling with a multi-billion-dollar budget deficit.
Now, I know that he’s pandering to the right-wing lunatic fringe of California, where Republicans are less than a third of voters and shrinking, and they’re all riled up these days from drinking too much Fox-brewed tea. But damn, this guy has really lost his mind.
Most Commented On
- ignorance is bliss. - December 10, 2013
- I wish I could use common - December 10, 2013
- Say someone wildly accuses - December 10, 2013
- Massive FAIL - December 10, 2013
- They think they are - December 10, 2013
- If Milk was spouting the same - December 10, 2013
- Sorry Chris. There are some - December 10, 2013
- 510-629-6662 its the number - December 10, 2013
- While I might not agree with - December 10, 2013
- I couldn't agree more. HELLO - December 10, 2013