There are two contested races for judge in San Francisco -- one open seat, and one incumbent who's facing a direct challenge. We'll be interviewing the candidates over the next few weeks, and posting the interview tapes so you can listen in. The first interview: Michael Nava, who's running for Seat 15, challenging incumbent Judge Richard Ulmer. Daniel Dean is also in that race. We asked Nava to explain why he's challenging a sitting judge (not a common practice, although Nava thinks perhaps it should be more common) and how his background as an openly gay Latino man would bring a different perspective to the bench.
Taking with Nava were Tim Redmond, Bruce Brugmann and Steven T. Jones.
You can listen to the interview here:
Most Commented On
- Unlike your cogent and - March 8, 2014
- You got a problem with poets? - March 8, 2014
- I liked that 'spin time - March 8, 2014
- czgDRqzDBkpbcV - March 8, 2014
- Greg, we finally found something we can agree on - March 8, 2014
- Yes, Joe, obviously anyone who disagrees with you must be ill. - March 8, 2014
- Why would you feeble and - March 8, 2014
- Who says I'm not considering it? - March 8, 2014
- Aaron - March 8, 2014
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014