There are two contested races for judge in San Francisco -- one open seat, and one incumbent who's facing a direct challenge. We'll be interviewing the candidates over the next few weeks, and posting the interview tapes so you can listen in. The first interview: Michael Nava, who's running for Seat 15, challenging incumbent Judge Richard Ulmer. Daniel Dean is also in that race. We asked Nava to explain why he's challenging a sitting judge (not a common practice, although Nava thinks perhaps it should be more common) and how his background as an openly gay Latino man would bring a different perspective to the bench.
Taking with Nava were Tim Redmond, Bruce Brugmann and Steven T. Jones.
You can listen to the interview here:
Most Commented On
- pDtIyxYeRklEp - April 18, 2014
- Read it while you sill can... - April 18, 2014
- Want more proof of corruption - April 17, 2014
- FfgxQxozrJ - April 17, 2014
- I cheated on my husband - April 17, 2014
- XcHJKwtUSZnnvADbNPVD - April 17, 2014
- OPEN MEETING REQUIRED BY LAW - April 17, 2014
- WAKE UP!! - April 17, 2014
- Mind The Log In Our Own Eye, Rather Than Speck In Our Neighbor's - April 17, 2014
- pBtqkqHymFhGJVu - April 17, 2014