There are two contested races for judge in San Francisco -- one open seat, and one incumbent who's facing a direct challenge. We'll be interviewing the candidates over the next few weeks, and posting the interview tapes so you can listen in. The first interview: Michael Nava, who's running for Seat 15, challenging incumbent Judge Richard Ulmer. Daniel Dean is also in that race. We asked Nava to explain why he's challenging a sitting judge (not a common practice, although Nava thinks perhaps it should be more common) and how his background as an openly gay Latino man would bring a different perspective to the bench.
Taking with Nava were Tim Redmond, Bruce Brugmann and Steven T. Jones.
You can listen to the interview here:
Most Commented On
- Adding to my earlier post: I - December 8, 2013
- Suspending Judgement - December 8, 2013
- Also regarding The Hallowed, - December 8, 2013
- The devout worshipers of The - December 7, 2013
- Well said. I'm sure the - December 7, 2013
- "There will also be food, - December 7, 2013
- Ugh this sounds miserable. I - December 7, 2013
- Trolls such as yourself - December 7, 2013
- On the contrary, it is - December 7, 2013
- Child, you don't follow - December 7, 2013