There are two contested races for judge in San Francisco -- one open seat, and one incumbent who's facing a direct challenge. We'll be interviewing the candidates over the next few weeks, and posting the interview tapes so you can listen in. The first interview: Michael Nava, who's running for Seat 15, challenging incumbent Judge Richard Ulmer. Daniel Dean is also in that race. We asked Nava to explain why he's challenging a sitting judge (not a common practice, although Nava thinks perhaps it should be more common) and how his background as an openly gay Latino man would bring a different perspective to the bench.
Taking with Nava were Tim Redmond, Bruce Brugmann and Steven T. Jones.
You can listen to the interview here:
Most Commented On
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014
- GJCvazIKygzr - July 27, 2014
- Extra! Extra! Sunshine advocates beat the Anti-Sunshine Gang in - July 27, 2014
- how i got cure for hiv - July 27, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 27, 2014