A source in the Kamala Harris for Attorney General campaign tells the Guardian that an internal poll recently conducted by David Binder Research shows Harris to have a comfortable lead in the crowded Democratic field, favored by 25 percent of registered Democrats compared with 9 percent who support Rocky Delgadillo, the former Los Angeles City Attorney.
Ted Lieu, Pedro Nava, and Alberto Torrico – all members of the California Assembly running for the seat -- each had about 4 percent support in the poll, while former Facebook attorney Chris Kelly and labor law attorney Mike Schmier each had 2 percent.
Broken down by region, the poll shows Harris with strong support in Bay Area, where 43 percent of respondents say they’ll vote for her, while Harris and Delgadillo were tied with 14 percent each in Los Angeles. Whoever wins the June 8 Democratic primary will run against the Republican nominee in November.
Most Commented On
- Why would you feeble and - March 8, 2014
- Who says I'm not considering it? - March 8, 2014
- Aaron - March 8, 2014
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014
- Greg is what I call a checklist liberal. - March 8, 2014
- Greg says he doesnt do - March 8, 2014
- Sounds like a racist viewpoint to me - March 8, 2014
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014