It's no surprise to see the Republican Senate candidates pandering desperately to the right wing, but at a certain point, it becomes a total farce. For example: Both Carly Fiorina and Chuck DeVore actually said during a taped debate that they think people on the federal no-fly list should be allowed to buy guns.
I know, I know -- there are people on that list who shouldn't be, and it's a pain to get off it, but still: Buying guns?
Even Tom Campbell, who is running far to the right of where he's always been, was a bit flabbergasted:
"That is not an infringement on anybody's Second Amendment rights," said Campbell, a former law professor at Stanford. "It seems somewhat unusual to take that position – except perhaps in a Republican primary."
Most Commented On
- Elderly assisted living facility residents face eviction - July 10, 2014
- You know exactly what you’re - July 10, 2014
- You are perfectly free to give some of your profit to a - July 10, 2014
- But wait, Steven, Muni only recovers 20% of its costs in fares - July 10, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 10, 2014
- LA siren BANKS enchants The Independent | SF Music - July 10, 2014
- A Canola oil fire, maybe? | SF Music - July 10, 2014
- Nonprofit workers shout down Board of Supervisors meeting, 11 - July 9, 2014
- More like..........if you - July 9, 2014
- Civil rights attorney John Burris to sue SFPD over alleged - July 9, 2014