So this afternoon, the governor released a truly horrifying mid-year budget revise, a bloody proposal that would eliminate CALWORKS, the state's major welfare program, and cut billions out of other essential services. Calitics puts it nicely:
At today's press conference unveiling the May Revise of the 2010-11 budget, Arnold Schwarzenegger said "the budget should be a reflection of California's values." If that's the case, then California's values are protecting the wealthy and the large corporations from having to contribute anything to this society while making old people and children suffer. Arnold's California is a place where if you aren't wealthy, you don't deserve to have health, food, or any other form of economic security.
And about an hour later, the mayor of San Francisco sends a text to Assemblymember Tom Ammiano, who represents the city. Was he asking for Ammiano's help in fighting the budget cuts? Was he suggesting they work together on strategy to save the city's most needy from the governor's axe? No. Here's what the text from Newsom, who is running for Lt. Governor, said:
I hear you voted for Hahn at the convention.
That's right -- a month after the state Democratic Convention, Newsom is complaining that Ammiano voted for his opponent in the endorsement derby. That's what he cares about? More than the worse budget in state history?
Most Commented On
- Asshole. - December 6, 2013
- Todo el mundo a la barricadas - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh - December 6, 2013
- "At the end of the day, all - December 6, 2013
- This isn't pro's and con's it's just "your" opinion. - December 6, 2013
- The Facts GPD - December 6, 2013
- Since when does an useless - December 6, 2013
- i want to give thanks to the great OZALOGBO - December 6, 2013
- i want to give thanks and i will always give thanks to DR.LUKA - December 6, 2013
- Who is guest? - December 6, 2013