Well, maybe it's not entirely, new, but I haven't seen it around here. The Point Reyes Light, a legend in West Marin, was just sold to a community-based group that's almost, sortof a nonprofit. It's actually called a "low-profit limited liability company" (not a bad name for most newspapers these days), and it's going to be operated as a community trust, of sorts. Mark Dowie, the well-known investigative reporter, is involved, so that's good news. And apparently, things weren't working out with the previous owner.
Among the donors: Warren Hellman, who's also involved in the (entirely) nonprofit Bay Citizen.
Most Commented On
- Defending corrupt unions - July 23, 2014
- It's a myth that socially responsible investment - July 23, 2014
- I don't quite get the indie rock connection here either - July 23, 2014
- Blame the Rent Control - July 23, 2014
- It would appear that many, many people love the new condos - July 23, 2014
- So long as the Mayor's Office - July 23, 2014
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014
- Hey, Marke, you provided all the amusing material here - July 23, 2014
- Chick Flicks - July 23, 2014
- SF is hypocritical - July 23, 2014