Alex Emslie gives this report from the progressive DCCC victory party:
As of 9 p.m., close to 100 people have gathered at the Project 1 art gallery and DJ lounge to celebrate the progressive slate for Democratic County Central Committee.
At this point, candidates are beginning to trickle into the dimly lit gallery, chatting with the crowd over the quiet din from a DJ booth in the back.
“It’s a beautiful array of San Francisco progressives,” Assembly District 13 candidate Alix Rosenthal said of the partygoers. She said the most important part of her platform is getting more women elected locally. She also wants to preserve the nightlife culture in San Francisco.
“I’m getting distracted because I can’t believe I’m winning,” Rosenthal added after checking election results behind the DJ booth.
David Cutler, a San Francisco resident since 1987, stood by the bar waiting for more candidates to arrive. “It’s nice to have this much accessibility to our local politicians,” he said.
The real question on everyone's mind, though, is how the election will turn out; the progressives currently control the commitee, but only narrowly. "Right now, we have about 16 or 17 votes, and we need 18," Sup. John Avalos said. "I think we're going to catch a couple more."
Most Commented On
- Ol' Ronald McDonald looks - December 5, 2013
- they took out a 950,000$ loan? - December 5, 2013
- So calm.... - December 5, 2013
- Marsh - December 5, 2013
- I've boycotted fast food for 30 years - December 5, 2013
- Yup, the conspiracy marches on - December 5, 2013
- Cyclists in most places ARE polite and deferential. - December 5, 2013
- Do not really understand the - December 5, 2013
- Great job stereotyping people there - December 5, 2013
- I still don't get what is so - December 5, 2013