One of the most fun parts about attending District Attorney Kamala Harris' victory party last night was looking at all the photos on the walls of the Delancey Street Foundation.
And showing cultural blogger Beth Spotwood, one of the funniest writers in town, a photo of our very own Mayor Gavin Newsom with Delancey Street Foundation founder Mimi Silbert, in which the mayor's name is written as Newsome.
Spotswood, who is a big time fan of Newsom, was delighted by this find. Especially since the photo is displayed close to other photos of the mayor in which his name is correctly spelt (as in the photo of him with Silbert and Tony Blair).
Newsom and Blair aren't the only luminaries on Silbert's walls. In fact, the place is a veritable who's who of the political world, and includes a shot of the late John Kennedy Jr. and his stunningly beautiful wife Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy.
At some point, shortly after Spotswood and I were laughing at the Newsome typo, Silbert showed up in person--and set straight one of the photos, which had somehow gotten cock-eyed on the wall. (I swear we didn't do it.)
That was around the time I averted my eyes from the wall and turned my attention to the giant TV screen --just as Newsom declared victory in the Lt. Gov's race. I didn't hear what he said, but reviewing my pics afterwards, it apparently had something to do with California dreaming.
Most Commented On
- Economic cleansing - December 11, 2013
- What a mealy-mouthed comment. - December 11, 2013
- Of course - December 11, 2013
- Sounds like an oldie with an axe to grind - December 11, 2013
- Agreed. "Look for him to find - December 11, 2013
- Don't get me wrong. This guy - December 11, 2013
- This country is filled with homeless and poor - December 11, 2013
- I think this septic man is - December 11, 2013
- It concluded a lot - December 11, 2013
- Here's what works: If you - December 11, 2013