"Human Services Agency occupied" was one of the premier tweets on the streets of San Francisco this afternoon, as members of Direct Action to Stop the Cuts DASC) occupied 170 Otis Street to pressure the city to find an adequate place to house sixty homeless people displaced by the closure of the night shelter at 150 Otis.
Folks with DASC reportedly say they applaud the fact that this shelter is slated to be converted into permanent housing for homeless veterans in 2012, but condemn that nearly five dozen people are being pushed onto the streets tonight. Stay tuned.
Most Commented On
- Who says I'm not considering it? - March 8, 2014
- Aaron - March 8, 2014
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014
- Greg is what I call a checklist liberal. - March 8, 2014
- Greg says he doesnt do - March 8, 2014
- Sounds like a racist viewpoint to me - March 8, 2014
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014
- Siemens is a German company - March 8, 2014