He's the only openly atheist member of Congress. He refused to apolgize after announcing that he had "no respect for" the commander in chief, George W. Bush or the generals who were sending young people to Iraq "to get their heads blown off for the presidents amusement." He called one of his colleagues a "whore for the insurance industry." The mainstream press refers to these statements as "gaffes." But really, foul-mouthed as he can be, much of what he says is true.
And now he's finally called out the anti-immigration nuts. They don't make congressmembers like this any more.
Most Commented On
- He is a Republican, except on - May 26, 2013
- It is a mandate - May 25, 2013
- Yeah, Obama in 2012 got - May 25, 2013
- Ben Who? - May 25, 2013
- The last time a Rethug got 51.1% was - May 25, 2013
- Glad you loved Nixon, - May 25, 2013
- Multiple Posting Anti-Semitism Guest is at it again. - May 25, 2013
- Johnny a breath of fresh air after Tim, etc. - May 25, 2013
- Actually, deciding who gets - May 25, 2013
- Convict Bradley Manning - all counts. - May 25, 2013