He's the only openly atheist member of Congress. He refused to apolgize after announcing that he had "no respect for" the commander in chief, George W. Bush or the generals who were sending young people to Iraq "to get their heads blown off for the presidents amusement." He called one of his colleagues a "whore for the insurance industry." The mainstream press refers to these statements as "gaffes." But really, foul-mouthed as he can be, much of what he says is true.
And now he's finally called out the anti-immigration nuts. They don't make congressmembers like this any more.
Most Commented On
- It's not a choice for the - December 20, 2013
- What an assorted ragbag of protesters - December 20, 2013
- I thought the problem was about using the muni bus stops. - December 20, 2013
- Wrong, Mike, that would be illegal is not declared. - December 20, 2013
- Mayor's retainer - December 20, 2013
- Of course, but the SF ideologs want your kid to be bussed to a - December 20, 2013
- First they stereotyped those they envied. - December 20, 2013
- The difference is that nobody cares what goes on in Oakland - December 20, 2013
- No, I am suggesting that knowing someone's net worth, along - December 20, 2013
- That's nothing more than another envy diatribe. - December 20, 2013