He's the only openly atheist member of Congress. He refused to apolgize after announcing that he had "no respect for" the commander in chief, George W. Bush or the generals who were sending young people to Iraq "to get their heads blown off for the presidents amusement." He called one of his colleagues a "whore for the insurance industry." The mainstream press refers to these statements as "gaffes." But really, foul-mouthed as he can be, much of what he says is true.
And now he's finally called out the anti-immigration nuts. They don't make congressmembers like this any more.
Most Commented On
- So you're saying I should join the trolls - March 16, 2014
- Yes I am denying that - March 16, 2014
- Nobody gives a crap about your Che fantasies, Greg. - March 16, 2014
- Calling yourself "Greg" is no different than calling yourself - March 16, 2014
- Greg, are you seriously denying that you accused the Ed Lee - March 16, 2014
- I didn't know there were 15 million Venezuelans - March 16, 2014
- Meanwhile trolls are immune from allegations of hypocrisy - March 16, 2014
- Vile slander. I said no such thing. - March 16, 2014
- That is such a biased assessment that it has no credibility - March 16, 2014
- And yet, the national police force - March 16, 2014