I'm starting to feel as if Jerry Brown is that strange old uncle who comes over for dinner and says things that make you cringe -- and you can't really tell if he's just a loveable old character, a bright guy with a weird sense of humor, or someone who's completely losing his marbles.
Check this out: First he makes a very valid, even insightful statement that's right on target:
“Were I a CEO and someone said, ‘You know what, I’ve never been in this company, I never saw the product and I want to be a boss,’ I’d say, ‘Hey, why don’t you start at the bottom and work your way up,’ ” he said. “That’s the same way with government -- you can’t wake up one morning and say, ‘Gee, I’ve got a billion dollars and I want to be governor.' You got to learn something because those people up in Sacramento are sharks.”
Then he goes completely off the deep end:
Brown discussed his implementation of Prop. 13 despite his earlier opposition to it, as well as support for the 2nd Amendment and same-sex marriage. He said he opposed efforts to legalize marijuana, which will be on the November ballot.
“We got to compete with China, and if everybody’s stoned, how the hell are we going to make it?” he said.
Jerry, pal, I've got news for you: The people who are the most successfully competing with China, the brilliant high-tech visionaries you love so much? They're already stoned. All we can do now is get some tax money out of it.
Besides, China can't compete with this:
Most Commented On
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- The racial stereotype looks like it was an after-thought. - July 23, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 23, 2014
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014
- The Fourth of July: Remembering the good old days in Rock - July 23, 2014