The Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys and Glenn Becks of the world are quick to point at Muslim religious leaders and schools and say they're inciting violence against the United States. But you have to wonder: What incited Byron Williams to decide that he could start a revolution by killing ACLU and Tides Foundation workers? I don't know anything about his background or psychology, but given all the increasingly violent hate speech directed at Obama, the progressive movement and the American left, is it fair to at least ask:
What radio shows was this guy listening to? What TV stations did he watch? His mom said he was upset by TV news stories about the "left wing agenda." Did the ultra-right-wing rhetoric drive him to what would have been an act of domestic terrorism?
Sean? Rush? Glenn?
Most Commented On
- The majority of the progressive - December 18, 2013
- stitch onesie - December 18, 2013
- Most cars that stop in a Muni bus stop pay a fine? - December 18, 2013
- dinosaur onesie - December 18, 2013
- "Why not make a few bucks from tech companies using Muni... - December 18, 2013
- You bicker and troll as much as any "Guest" here - December 18, 2013
- People can legitimately oppose - December 18, 2013
- animal onesies - December 18, 2013
- Yes, once SFMTA formalizes the agreement with the tech shuttles, - December 18, 2013
- Max Alper - December 18, 2013