Wikileaks has released thousands of classified files about the war in Afghanistan. These Afghan war diaries provide a unique insight into what's happening on the ground. And it ain't pretty. You can review the reports by looking at various categories, including "severity", "friendly fire" and "escalation of force".
Wikileaks is calling the files "the most significant archive about the reality of war to have ever been released during the course of a war."
The U.K. Guardian calls them, "a devastating portrait of the failing war in Afghanistan."
Take a look and decide for yourself.
Most Commented On
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014
- You should ask that question if the Bay Guardian - March 9, 2014
- Think the poster meant - March 9, 2014
- I think Oakland's a little - March 9, 2014
- Reread the OP Greg. Her first - March 9, 2014
- Oakland is half the size of SF and so in theory could be - March 9, 2014