This morning, we spotted a giant pile of fire extinguishers blocking a traffic lane on Mariposa Street near the off-ramp of North 280, around the corner from the Guardian office.
The brand-new cherry red canisters had spilled out of a couple boxes and rolled across the distance of the entire street, and motorists exiting the highway appeared to be having a tough time maneuvering around the mess of valuable merchandise. It seemed to be a case of unsecured cargo slipping out the back of a truck.
What's truly bizarre about this mess-up was that it happened only a few yards away from the scene of a freak accident that occurred last month. On June 14, a taxi cab that was experiencing brake problems exited the highway only to collide with a bridge pillar and erupt into a fiery blaze. A couple vacationing from Ohio was killed in the tragic wreck.
Minutes after snapping photos of the fire extinguisher pile, we saw city vehicles arrive and begin to clear the roadway.
Most Commented On
- This is like listening to hate radio - July 23, 2014
- Wrong question. - July 23, 2014
- Why ask such a silly - July 23, 2014
- "That's two more than they - July 23, 2014
- I nominate Greg to fly to Israel on the next Hamas - July 23, 2014
- OIJzTWkDWum - July 23, 2014
- Are there any - July 23, 2014
- What is the diversity profile - July 23, 2014
- I guess you have it all figured out. - July 23, 2014
- Ha... I love your racist and - July 23, 2014