This morning, we spotted a giant pile of fire extinguishers blocking a traffic lane on Mariposa Street near the off-ramp of North 280, around the corner from the Guardian office.
The brand-new cherry red canisters had spilled out of a couple boxes and rolled across the distance of the entire street, and motorists exiting the highway appeared to be having a tough time maneuvering around the mess of valuable merchandise. It seemed to be a case of unsecured cargo slipping out the back of a truck.
What's truly bizarre about this mess-up was that it happened only a few yards away from the scene of a freak accident that occurred last month. On June 14, a taxi cab that was experiencing brake problems exited the highway only to collide with a bridge pillar and erupt into a fiery blaze. A couple vacationing from Ohio was killed in the tragic wreck.
Minutes after snapping photos of the fire extinguisher pile, we saw city vehicles arrive and begin to clear the roadway.
Most Commented On
- You have got to be joking - December 10, 2013
- What about the employees? Are we have more jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Flapper Costumes - December 10, 2013
- Homeless Art - December 10, 2013
- Vintage Dresses - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- On which page of your Guide - December 10, 2013
- If your skin is too thin - December 10, 2013
- Overbust Corset - December 10, 2013
- Wotta dolt - December 10, 2013