Termed out D. 6 Sup. Chris Daly announced last night via Fog City Journal that he has endorsed community organizer James Keys. Keys was Daly's re-election campaign manager in 2006.
"James was by my side through my toughest battles," Daly told FCJ. "While there are many good candidates in this race, James Keys best represents what I'm about - social and economic justice for our City's most vulnerable. His campaign may not have the most money or endorsements, but he does have a special connection with the constituents that I love and the will to overcome great odds."
Daly's endorsement vaults Keys into the front line of candidates vying to replace Daly.
"I am humbled to be receiving the endorsement of Supervisor Chris Daly, who has done so much for our District," Keys told FCJ. " It's going to be helpful to have him with me as I work to continue his legacy."
Daly said he will formally endorse Keys during a campaign barbecue this Saturday at 11am in Boeddeker Park. And as FCJ founder, editor and photographer extraordinaire Luke Thomas put it, in an email about his scoop, "An interesting development, n'est ce pas?".
Most Commented On
- oeByKKhoWTc - March 12, 2014
- Wait, I thought the fire was caused by a google shuttle bus? - March 12, 2014
- Inside insurance jobs happen durtng down RE markets. - March 12, 2014
- The progressive theory is that new homes increases rents and - March 12, 2014
- Intelligence vs. Cynicism - March 12, 2014
- Global Climate Warming - March 12, 2014
- Which of course is an art form. - March 12, 2014
- The nanny state never ceases in its mission to control every - March 12, 2014
- No flossing = expensive dental visit - March 12, 2014
- Different Strokes - March 12, 2014