Check out the Chamber of Commerce and its vice president for public policy, Jim Lazarus, commenting on the state of the city's finances in the Chron:
The Chamber opposes forcing the mayor to appear at "question time,'' — "pure political theater,'' — and an increase in property transfer tax — "Why do we need it? The budget is balanced.''
Yes, Jim -- the budget is balanced. That's a legal requirement. And it's balanced by cutting all sorts of essential services. You like what' s happening to Muni, and to public health? You like having mentally ill homeless people on the streets because there's nowhere for them to get treatment?
But don't worry -- the budget is balanced.
Most Commented On
- Big Talker, do you EVER take - May 22, 2013
- Bad Jaywalking does. - May 22, 2013
- "Colen and other panelists - May 22, 2013
- There's an article that addresses this issue in... - May 22, 2013
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013