Check out the Chamber of Commerce and its vice president for public policy, Jim Lazarus, commenting on the state of the city's finances in the Chron:
The Chamber opposes forcing the mayor to appear at "question time,'' — "pure political theater,'' — and an increase in property transfer tax — "Why do we need it? The budget is balanced.''
Yes, Jim -- the budget is balanced. That's a legal requirement. And it's balanced by cutting all sorts of essential services. You like what' s happening to Muni, and to public health? You like having mentally ill homeless people on the streets because there's nowhere for them to get treatment?
But don't worry -- the budget is balanced.
Most Commented On
- And maybe... - March 14, 2014
- Steven's still pretty sexy - March 14, 2014
- Steve has never lost his "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll" alter ego - March 14, 2014
- Exactly, Guest - March 14, 2014
- Of course, SFBG won't stop whining - March 14, 2014
- disgusting. Why do I want to - March 14, 2014
- The comparison between the fringe right and left - March 14, 2014
- I can tell that SFBG doesn't - March 14, 2014
- Greg's hatred for cops blinds him to any facts that do not - March 14, 2014
- Just saying that the homeless cause less problems in some - March 14, 2014