Check out the Chamber of Commerce and its vice president for public policy, Jim Lazarus, commenting on the state of the city's finances in the Chron:
The Chamber opposes forcing the mayor to appear at "question time,'' — "pure political theater,'' — and an increase in property transfer tax — "Why do we need it? The budget is balanced.''
Yes, Jim -- the budget is balanced. That's a legal requirement. And it's balanced by cutting all sorts of essential services. You like what' s happening to Muni, and to public health? You like having mentally ill homeless people on the streets because there's nowhere for them to get treatment?
But don't worry -- the budget is balanced.
Most Commented On
- The same way you keep your job: - May 22, 2013
- I look forward to reading Johnny Angel's - May 22, 2013
- "very funny--but I notice - May 22, 2013
- Great work, looks like you - May 22, 2013
- awesome. i love this. - May 22, 2013
- No more Manhattanization of - May 22, 2013
- Union's mayoral candidate soundly defeated in LA....?! - May 22, 2013
- Kevin, I promise that the minute I feel a need for a - May 22, 2013
- Everything has become the - May 22, 2013
- Dude, learn how to follow a thread or I will - May 22, 2013