District 2 candidates Janet Reilly, Mark Farrell, Kat Anderson, Vilma Guinto Peoro, Barbara Berwick and Abraham Simmons may be breaking out the champagne, right about now. That’s because incumbent D. 2 Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier just saw her bid to run for re-election squashed.
But bubbly likely won’t be flowing chez Michela.
As Fog City Journal reports, Alioto-Pier put out a statement expressing her disappointment in the outcome, but her respect for the judicial process.
“I believed and continued to believe that the intent of the voters as reflected in the plain language of our city charter allows me to run for second four year term,” Alioto-Pier said, as she pledged to keep working for her district until her terms ends in January.
Most Commented On
- you understand that your awful misuse of apostrophes - June 19, 2013
- But home prices should be based on rents because - June 19, 2013
- Yes, Tim, there are very few hooker ad's on SFBG now. - June 19, 2013
- You cannot know how many "progressive voters" are not reached - June 19, 2013
- Yes, Tim was a gentleman and others on the left wanted him to be - June 19, 2013
- The left is renowned for hating each other more than their - June 19, 2013
- That depends how you define" nightlife". - June 19, 2013
- David Faulk, maybe the real lesson here is that discounting - June 19, 2013
- Candy, you need to understand the golden rule. - June 19, 2013
- They aren't homes anymore - June 19, 2013