Matier & Ross have an interesting item about venture capitalist Joanna Rees running for mayor and declaring herself “a progressive independent”.
What they don’t mention –- or don’t know -- is that Rees has given $6,500 to Mayor Gavin Newsom’s Lt. Governor campaign.
That puts Rees on par with former Dreamworks co-founder David Geffen, Dreamworks’ Jeffrey Katzenberg, actress Kate Capshaw, film director Stephen Spielberg, and the three members of the Traina clan (Alexis, Todd and Trevor) who so far have each plunked down 6.5 K for Newsom’s latest political run.
Newsom’s campaign filings also record that Rees is with VSP Capital. So if you want to know more about Rees and her partner, you can read their official bios here.
Most Commented On
- This is one of Todd Vogt's - June 18, 2013
- Redmond is a journalist and not a businessman. - June 18, 2013
- You have GOT to be kidding me... - June 18, 2013
- It's still not clear to me why Tim didn't fire the people who - June 18, 2013
- Bay to Breakers will have video surveillance, license plate - June 18, 2013
- Get your facts straight - June 18, 2013
- If you want to hurt tobacco companies - June 18, 2013
- And yet I see many high-rises by the Waterfront - June 18, 2013
- If you knew that, Marcos, you could make a fortune by - June 18, 2013
- Putting money on deposit in the Cayman's does not save any tax - June 18, 2013