The state Court of Appeal denied Sept 9th a request by SF Weekly and its chain parent for a rehearing in the Bay Guardian's lawsuit. That allows the appelate decision affirming the Guardian's trial court victory to stand.
The court issued a few minor amendment to footnotes in the case, but denied the Weekly's request that the evidence be reconsidered. That means the decision remains as precedent-setting case law in California.
The court decision was a major victory not just for the Bay Guardian but for small businesses across the state who are facing predatory chains that sell below cost with the goal of harming competition.
Most Commented On
- Apostrophes again. - June 19, 2013
- The brand here was designed - June 19, 2013
- nope, I meant apostrophes - June 19, 2013
- Back to reality, anon guest. - June 19, 2013
- No, Marcos, an ideology that cannot tolerate dissent, nor - June 19, 2013
- Any chance you'll post your - June 19, 2013
- compensation - June 19, 2013
- In the same way that Redmond - June 19, 2013
- I think "Admin" meant "quotes" and not "apostrophes". - June 19, 2013
- I wouldn't say that the Progressives had many "admirable wins". - June 19, 2013