Plan C, a group that promotes condo conversions and rails against tenant protections, claims to be working hard to elect “moderate candidates” to the Board this fall.
And now the group has invited its members to meet Plan C’s “endorsed candidates” on October 4 at St. Mary’s Cathedral on Gough Street.
The winners, according to Plan C’s website, are Mark Farrell in D2, Theresa Sparks in D6, Scott Wiener in D8 –and Lynette Sweet & Steve Moss in D10.
No big surprises here.
But candidates in the district elections might want to note that Plan C’s slate met with limited success in 2008: the group endorsed Sue Lee in D1, Joe Alioto Jr in D3, Eva Royale in D 9 and Ahsha Safai in D11, and none of these "moderate" political hopefuls made it into office.
In fact, the only folks on Plan C's 2008 slate who actually won were incumbent supervisors: D4's Carmen Chu and D7's Sean Elsbernd.
Hey, maybe that explains why Sweet is trying to act like the incumbent in D10 and refusing to give interviews before she’s even been elected...
Most Commented On
- The Google bus in West - December 20, 2013
- You're right, silly me. - December 20, 2013
- Nope, not invincible but Ed Lee is in a good position. - December 20, 2013
- Google should have burst already. - December 20, 2013
- You know what this reminds me of? - December 20, 2013
- Techies blamed for evictions reminds me of other past issues... - December 20, 2013
- This one helped me for a - December 20, 2013
- I am impressed! The design is - December 20, 2013
- good Article - December 20, 2013
- Not true and not funny - December 20, 2013