The new Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans is out, and guess what? Sixteen of them live in San Francisco. That's a lot of very rich people. Some new ones on the list this year, too. And that doesn't count all the very, very rich who didn't quite make the cut (Warren Hellman, for example, isn't quite rich enough for this list.)
It's another reminder: This is a wealthy city, folks. And some of the people who live here, who have done exceptionally well with the Bush tax cuts (and despite the recession) can well afford to pay more local taxes.
So next time a political candidate tells you we can't raise taxes in a recession, tell them to check out the Forbes 400 and our own 16 billionaires.
Most Commented On
- I look forward to reading Johnny Angel's - May 22, 2013
- "very funny--but I notice - May 22, 2013
- Great work, looks like you - May 22, 2013
- awesome. i love this. - May 22, 2013
- No more Manhattanization of - May 22, 2013
- Union's mayoral candidate soundly defeated in LA....?! - May 22, 2013
- Kevin, I promise that the minute I feel a need for a - May 22, 2013
- Everything has become the - May 22, 2013
- Dude, learn how to follow a thread or I will - May 22, 2013
- Johnny Rotten???? From the - May 22, 2013