The more money Meg Whitman spends, the worse she does in the polls. More than $150 million, and she's in worse shape than she was six months ago. At least, that's what the LA times says. And while that's clearly the most optimistic poll around, the signs aren't looking good for Whitman.
In fact, the smartest thing she could do now is to quit campaigning. Seriously: The more money she spends, the less people like her. Disappear and hope for low turnout -- that's her only hope.
Calbuzz has an interesting take: Whitman's initial support of Prop. 23 has really hurt her. I also really, really like the Calbuzz analysis of Meg and "class warfare," which ought to be required reading for every political reporter in the state.
Most Commented On
- Seems weird to me that ALL of the SF waterfront belongs to the - December 5, 2013
- Pete must be a westsider - December 5, 2013
- Is that you Cowboy? Hey, - December 5, 2013
- Wrong, the Marsh is the outlier demanding that all their - December 5, 2013
- Surely the onus is on you to soundproof your own space if - December 5, 2013
- and my name is Marga Gomez - - December 5, 2013
- Mr Rutherford is that you? - December 5, 2013
- In reply to the 3 previous - December 5, 2013
- The SFBG is starting to look a lot better recently. - December 5, 2013
- Is that where the cardboard box where you sleep is, Pete? - December 5, 2013