SF Democratic Party chairperson Aaron Peskin made it to the Labor Council-Democratic Party soiree at the Great American Music Hall a little late. Of course, he didn't miss much yet. Ask him how things are going tonight and he says "I'll tell you on Friday."
It's a somewhat anti-climatic election night for followers of the tightly contested supervisoral races. Peskin told us he doubts that the close calls will be settled until later this week.
But the tardy tidings hardly seem to be stopping the party at GAMH. An abrasive little man who has unfortunately gotten his hands on a video camera shouts over the crowd at Peskin as he makes his way through the throngs. "You gonna pretend like you didn't see me? You bitch!" Debra Walker, a candidate in the race for District 6, enters to a smattering of applause around 10:30 p.m. Drinks all around.
Most Commented On
- Suggested to Tim a long time - June 19, 2013
- Every newspaper is owned by someone who wants to skew - June 19, 2013
- There are viable progressive - June 19, 2013
- An oil baron does have reason to want to own media - June 19, 2013
- Nobody was stiffed - it was "at will" employment. - June 19, 2013
- Ann, calling political opponents "trolls" is a big mistake. - June 19, 2013
- Why do you claim that SFBG endorsements have had influence? - June 19, 2013
- You're right - June 19, 2013
- Yes, why was the Bay Guardian stiffing freelancers? - June 19, 2013
- Why do you find that grim, Ann? - June 19, 2013