Steve Moss, sorehead

Steve Moss spent a lot of money -- and had a lot of money spent on his behalf -- but at this point is in 4th place in the D10 race. Not out of the running -- none of the top four contenders, Moss, Tony Kelly, Malia Cohen and Lynette Sweet, are finished, since ranked-choice voting will decide the outcome and anything could happen -- but he's certainly not in a commanding position. And he's not being a good sport about it.

So I walked in to Goat Hill Pizza and I walked all the way to the back room and I asked these two men if Steve Moss was around and they said that he was probably in the bathroom or something, so I sat down and waited on a stool. It was actually kind of awkward because there weren't that many people there and there were all of these stools lined up against the wall. So I looked up and I recognized him, he was talking to his wife and some other people. I shook his hand and introduced myself and told him that I just wanted to swing by his party and just chat with him, and he said sure, even though he seemed a little nervous. He led me out of that back room and into the main restaurant and we were about to sit down at a table when a man Steve later refered to as his manager came storming into the room saying "Nonononono we do not talk to them!" And then Steve jumped up out of the chair and said, "Yeah sorry my manager says I can't talk to you ... your paper slandered me."

So: Steve Moss can't think for himself, he lets a campaign manager tell him who to talk to -- and he snubs a newspaper that dared to publish critical stuff about him. Almost Tea-Party-like. What a bad sign.

Comments

"Reporter Rula Al-Nasrawi showed up last night at the Moss party -- and got treated with a level of rudeness that reflects very badly on any potential elected official. Here's her report:"

You have supported man child Daly for some time, you explain away his screaming and tantrums or pretend they don't exist.

The Bay Guardians claimed standards are what works for them today.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 12:35 pm

The comments by "Guest" are so dead on... Do you guys at the Guardian ever step back, for maybe 30 seconds, and consider how ridiculously biased your "reporting" is?

Posted by Guest on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 12:45 pm

Biased how.

The reporter went to meet Dewitt and he was open and charming, as usual.

She goes to the Moss camp and is treated rudely, it is what it is.

What exactly do you want them to report.

I'd love to know how many conflicts Moss has been in, the small claims court and civil records show so many.

Everything the SFBG reported is no hearsay but in the public record, how are they biased?

They also reported on Sweet's tax issue, Kelly's tax issue, Cohen's foreclosure and is that biased as well?

Difference is that they all answered in some way and your wonder boy just kept avoiding, and obviously 88% of the voters in the district felt the same way.

Numbers now look like 85% of the district neither voted for him in 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. How bad a candidate do you have to be to outspend everyone eight fold, get five times the publicity and lose so badly. One reason, nobody believes Moss is a good honorable guy, 85% think he is a crook obviously.

I think he'll have a hard time getting anyone to even consider backing his slimy ass again.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 2:14 pm

As a reporter who was out on election night covering events as well, I have to say that Moss deserves credit for saying hello and initially willing to be interviewed, which is more than can be said for his opponent Lynette Sweet. When I phoned Sweet's campaign office yesterday with a question about the election-night gathering, her campaign manager said coldly, "The Guardian is not welcome at our party." We were completely shut out of that affair. When I attended Sparks' gathering at Don Ramon's Mexican restaurant, I had several friendly interactions with her supporters (including a member of Newsom's press team, who, it turns out, is very nice in person) before she arrived. But when she arrived, and I headed over to introduce myself and conduct a brief interview, she declined to offer any comment at all. Then again, I don't want to be too hard on Sparks, because she did shake my hand and say hello and agreed to being photographed.

Posted by rebecca on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

I think I know what the problem was, you see when she/he said they were a "reporter" from the bay guardian, you can easily see how steve moss was confused. You have to be a "real" paper and do real reporting before your employees can be called 'reporters', understand now?

Posted by Guest on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 6:40 pm

And a real newspaper is which, the comical, examiner, SF Weekly, none who ran one thing about D10.

The purpose of newspapers in a democracy is to report on the good and bad. Two websites alone went up with info on Moss as he refused to answer anything, anybody report on that, the D10 blog and SFBG.

The forums were a joke, no open debate, an insult to democracy and no general press reporting.

We are lucky that a grass roots movement prevented the wrong people getting into office.

We could always read the view, moss never lets facts get in the way of an editorial does he?

Case in point, Moss has picture of wife in his paper titled "longtime" Potrero resident, and when she didn't even live here.

I can see D10 from my window..........

Posted by Guest on Nov. 13, 2010 @ 9:04 am

The above two commenters nailed it. It's fine that you don't like Steve Moss, but don't entitle this "Steve Moss, sorehead" when this has nothing to do about his response to not winning. You guys are the sore losers in this situation.

Posted by Alex on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

You can tell a lot about a politician by what kind of neighbor they are. This Steve Moss rented a house on my block 8 months ago to enable him to run for supervisor of District 10. He has turned our tranquil block into a grueling nightmare. To find out more about just what kind of a neighbor Steve Moss is, check out:

Posted by Guest on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

At least he is a consistent nightmare to everyone.

When he loses finally I wonder if he'll still wear that stupid smug grin that revolts everyone that comes across him.

He is exactly what we do not need on the hill.

He is much better suited to the Marina or Pac Heights.

I hope for your sake he moves quickly from his $9K a month rental paid for by who knows whom.

Posted by Neighbor from hell on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

I guess I'd feel like a loser if I spent four times more per vote than Whitman and still couldn't win.

I'll pay the U haul to get Moss one way off Potrero.

Posted by Sore head on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Say what you want about the Guardian - but to me this just shows his true colors. Judge a person when they are down and that is the real person. No grace, no spine.

Posted by Girl on the hill on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

The best will be if he leaves the hill and doesn't look back.

The great part is that if Tony, Malia or Lynette get elected Moss will firmly have the downtown crowd close the door on him and never give him another penny, he's a spent product. $300K and the performance he gave, obviously very few people trust him, for good reason.

We can only hope that the PUC's, City and State, never give his rouse another hard earned cent and go through his books and see where our money went and get it back.

Please stop wasting paper and leaving the stupid view around with your delusional ramblings thinking your an editor.

Whatever anyone says about the SFBG at least they get people talking, whether on agreement or not, and that is the purpose.

Posted by Moss doesn't buy election on Nov. 03, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

Moss decides to run and agrees to an interview with the SFBG.

Moss is questioned why he distributed copies of the free rag he runs with a color campaign political ad inside to every North slope address by hand, first ever hand delivery in 40 years, fair question.

Moss writes editorials while running a campaign reneging on his own statement of not using the Potrero View as a mouthpiece, why? A fair question.

Moss is questioned on multiple statements he made, including residency, job creation, use of public and non profit funds, contradictory statements made in the campaign versus public filings, a fair questions to ask.

The SFBG publishes his responses even though they contain no answers and he refuses to issue statements accordingly. He is questioned again, fair I believe.

How exactly is that slander?. Slander - It is usually a requirement that the claims be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed.

Moss, the questions were about your own publicly filed statements. 990's IRS, Dept. of Environment, State PUC, State business records. Court filings with your name on them, including the millions you admitted paying yourself. Fair question.

What an absolutely pathetic response that anyone would expect to hear in a schoolyard, versus a political candidate who chose to run, and your lack of the English language and word meanings is amazing.

The reason you apparently are going to lose badly after spending and getting more money than any other candidate is that you refused to take positions or answer specific questions on your own history.

It seems that D10 voters, including myself, are not the utter ignorant fools that you thought.

If you ever run again, I truly hope we are free of that anguish, you take a long hard look in the mirror and think of answering questions directly and taking responsibility for your actions, including some highly questionable activity.

You truly were an awful choice of a candidate. How can you and your downtown supporters spend far more per vote than Whitman and seem to have failed so badly, seems you badly misjudged the intelligence of D10 voters.

The smug, arrogant candidate who seemed to think he was better, smarter and so much better than anyone else turns out to be the village fool, how appropriate!

Posted by D10 resident & voter on Nov. 04, 2010 @ 9:07 am

Only a face a mama could love...

Posted by Mama face on Nov. 04, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

All that money spent and you lost, wow, top class loser.

Time to ship out Steve, Dolores or any other district that will take your sleazy ass, everyone knows you are a crook and the taxpayer money trough you've had your head in is over for good.

The candidate in the lead with actual roots in the community.

You bragged about helping the community and everyone knows you stole from the poorest, what great news you ass is done and highly unlikely to return.

There is justice in D10.

Posted by Loser #1 on Nov. 05, 2010 @ 4:39 pm
Posted by Guest on Nov. 06, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

What a total idiot this guy is, hope he leaves.

Posted by idiot on Nov. 07, 2010 @ 12:23 am

Agreed.
Though not surprising from Steve "But I can SEE District 10 from my house!" Moss.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 07, 2010 @ 10:15 pm

Agreed.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 07, 2010 @ 10:20 pm

Very good comment!

Posted by D10 from my house on Nov. 08, 2010 @ 7:59 am

And he's down again, eliminated, unfortunately only from the election and not district.

The newly named "View from Dolores", I am sure will have a winging Meg Moss editorial.......

Posted by Guest on Nov. 09, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

So long, farewell, and don't come back.

Downtown lackey fuckwitt.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 09, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

He obviously won't concede, think there is a slight case of denial going on?

Posted by Guest on Nov. 11, 2010 @ 10:25 am

Looks like he probably paid $200 plus a vote.

In addition all paid staff, shipped in union workers, five mailings at least, multiple robo calls and came in number five.

In addition it looks like he gained 31 votes per round second and third choice, or better yet, the most hated candidate.

Moss didn't even manage to double the original signatures collected, a horrible showing to say the least.

Marlene Tran ran her own campaign, no manager, designed her own pieces, raised funds and spent a fraction of the cost. A true grass roots campaign and she should be very proud.

If Mr. Moss doesn't get prosecuted for all the cash washing antics he should consider it a win. The fact that he probably will get away with all of it just makes a mockery of our whole system.

The amazing part of all of this is that he actually believes the hogwash that comes out of his mouth.

Steve, I'd ask yourself a few questions. There were a lot of bright talented people who ran in this district, nobody really had any animosity towards anyone else. Many have impressive histories and close ties to the community.

Nobody is jealous of you, nobody envies you, but you managed to be so detested by so many in the district who know just a little of your record, why do you really think that is?, reality bell ever going to ring in your head?

Posted by Guest on Nov. 11, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

The idiot seems to be the only one who still has his campaign sign up on his $9K a month carpetbagger rental that nobody knows who is paying for.

Dude, give it up, you lost and badly. 1800 votes only, not even double the signatures you swindled people to sign using paid out of district labor.

Wake up and smell the Dolores park coffee and concede finally, downtown has given up on you, probably figured out you are crook.

You going to keep hanging at your little safe house Farley's, Roger helping you hide those consulting fees that you bilked from the taxpayers.

Folks, pse don't support Farley's, the owner is all involved in the little power scam.

What a thief.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 8:39 am

I agree, someone should look into this guy and get some answers.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 8:41 am

CRAWL BACK UNDER WHICHEVER ROCK YOU OOZED OUT FROM MR. PILATE ENTHUSIAST. thnx! :)

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 11:49 am

yeah, his bullshit campaign literature says he goes to Pilates and regularly cycles.

Then he answers a bicycle coalition survey and states he hasn't cycled due to time commitments.

What a retard, distance from his Dolores home to Third is a 15 / 20 minute commute and quicker than driving. You could even avoid the hills taking Chavez. Again total BS again, looks like he could do with some exercise.

Everything out of this guys mouth is crap.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

"The vote counting continues, with the top five candidates within less than 140 votes of one another. We should know final results by next week. While at this point I'm a long-shot"

Voters, please note the statement from mega bucks himself.

Please note that Moss may become supervisor if:

1. Space aliens abduct Cohen, Kelly and Tran.
2. Cohen says, just kidding, don't want the job.
3. Kelly says, too busy.
4. Tran says, never mind, made other plans.
5. Sweet says, I am staying at Bart, forget it.
6. Cohen, Kelly, Sweet, Tran all decide Steve is such a honorable and decent, non confrontational, sweet, humble and honest guy that they give him the job because he has 25 years screwing the taxpayer, I mean turning public policy into action.
7. Tran, Cohen, Sweet and Kelly go missing searching frantically for Moss green jobs, they are hard to find you know.
8. They all can't control their humor at the peat Moss, Steve Moss joke, what a comedian.

Dude, Moss, wake up, stop drinking the bong water, you are the biggest loser in the race, you are done, no political career, no long shot, move on and out, head West over 101.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

If he's a cyclist I am a banana!

Posted by Guest on Nov. 12, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

I don't think you have to concede from fifth place, sort of pointless.

I am sure he'll whine on about being a victim of attacks in the next view editorial nobody reads.

He of course won't mention all the attacks were based on his own public filings, but them personal responsibility, accepting mistakes, learning from them were never something in Steve's head.

Anyone who ever ran across him in during any business transaction probably already knew this. Still the vote number were pretty bad.

Posted by Guest on Nov. 13, 2010 @ 8:58 am