Even Gov. Schwarzenegger is now supporting a ban on plastic bags in California, saying the measure, which narrowly failed in the state Senate last session, is a top environmental priority. But let's remember:
While Debra Saunders is making fun of those wacky supervisors in San Francisco who try all these crazy things, it was Sup. Ross Mirkarimi, who pushed the first ban on plastic bags, and the San Francisco supervisors who approved it.
Of course, when the rest of the country starts to realize that pushing high-fat, high-calorie foods to kids by hawking plastic toys is a bad public policy idea, Saunders will be making fun of something else.
Most Commented On
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013
- Such a load of crap - May 18, 2013
- The whole west side is single family homes - May 18, 2013
- I know you guys - May 18, 2013
- Correction: hate=love - May 18, 2013
- So it's ok for trim, athletic - May 18, 2013
- A comment up above reminds me - May 18, 2013
- What's yours? - May 18, 2013
- What's your point? - May 18, 2013
- The thing is in this - May 18, 2013