Even Gov. Schwarzenegger is now supporting a ban on plastic bags in California, saying the measure, which narrowly failed in the state Senate last session, is a top environmental priority. But let's remember:
While Debra Saunders is making fun of those wacky supervisors in San Francisco who try all these crazy things, it was Sup. Ross Mirkarimi, who pushed the first ban on plastic bags, and the San Francisco supervisors who approved it.
Of course, when the rest of the country starts to realize that pushing high-fat, high-calorie foods to kids by hawking plastic toys is a bad public policy idea, Saunders will be making fun of something else.
Most Commented On
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014