Sup. David Chiu is pushing legislation to restrict the delivery of yellow pages phone books in the city. His proposal: If you want the books, you should ask for them. Right now you get the stuff piled up on your door whether you like it or not -- and that creates a fair amount of waste.
But some small business groups say that local independent businesses still use the yellow pages (and there are a lot of plumbers and locksmiths who clearly agree) -- and consumer groups like The Utility Reform Network worry about seniors and people without internet access, many of whom might not understand that they have to opt in to keep getting the books.
Too much trash? Public service? You can vote after the jump.
|Free polls from Go2poll.com|
- bEwFAAxXpPvWZbiraf - August 20, 2014
- GEFAnjOczrRGkIMj - August 20, 2014
- ESCwUmLbHVxfoQN - August 20, 2014
- HPUphxncDlbqJqCsOK - August 20, 2014
- IyxubEAtnp - August 20, 2014
- MxgZlGKykNxQCkNqHIE - August 20, 2014
- FVbRevsWfqbncBm - August 20, 2014
- PJcWeOAHCp - August 20, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014