SFBG Radio: The drug war and kids

It's fine to belive that drugs ought to be legal -- but how do you talk to your kids about it? Johnny and Tim have a lively discussion after the break.

KidsNDrugs by endorsements2010

Comments

Thanks for the rational discussion on this issue...

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 10:35 am

The idea that keeping your kids away from the clutches of the law makes even more sense than worrying about drugs.

Good show.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

groan...

Take your kids down to Turk and Taylor some afternoon, spend a couple of hours walking around. Point out the people with no teeth from doing meth, point out the guy screaming at the sun etc...

When I was in my teens heading downtown to see shows in my hometown, I took one look at the waste cases and lost any interest I had in moving beyond alcyhol and weed. Weed smokers and their entitlement to be stoned all the time are just tired though.

All the classes in school around drugs were ridiculous. We were all pretty sure the rehashed 60's and 70's draft deferment teachers were stoners.

Short of heading down to the TL there is always the Oregonians faces of meth series.

Posted by matlock on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

Just made up yer mind and that's all it took, a supreme act of will, huh?

Unfortunately, not everyone is a moral exemplar like you are, people that waste their foolish lives in silly pursuits like taking drugs. As opposed to camping out on a website all day everyday levying judgments as the bolt throwing superior to all that you are.

Between you and the senile nellie that pisses and moans about crust punks on Haight, you are the dullest duo in cyberspace--congrats!

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

They are internet boils endlessly lancing themselves.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

"As opposed to camping out on a website all day everyday levying judgments as the bolt throwing superior to all that you are."

Gigantic fail

Posted by matlock on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 6:11 pm
Oh?

A completely accurate assessment.

Unless you'd like to offer some proof that this is not what you are, a trolling dullard whose entire existence is as online crank.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 6:23 pm
har

Your; scatological rants, strange sexual innuendo, your homophobic ravings, and your obsession with whatshisname, = total lack of awareness.

Posted by matlock on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

Are the meds wearing off?

Posted by Guest on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

If I had kids, I would show them the stuff, so as to minimize the cool factor. For pot, I'd say have at it this one time until you see what it's really like. For the harder stuff, like others have said, I'd show 'em the hobo meth addicts with no teeth and ask my boy "you'd think your girl would want to tap that?"

Posted by Johnny Venom on Jun. 01, 2011 @ 6:16 pm