So, last night I was having a drink at the Buck Tavern, aka Daly’s Dive because former Sup. Chris Daly runs the place, when I spotted this sign (see photo) behind the bar. Basically, it’s a competition ( with a $100 cash prize) to see who can best alter the Ed Lee sign that's being used in the RunEdRun Facebook campaign, and thus co-opt it into Daly’s “Let Ed Be” Facebook page campaign.
The idea, I guess, is to give folks who are sick of the push to persuade Mayor Ed Lee to break his promise and run for mayor, after all, a creative release for their frustration.
It’s hard to read the writing on the sign in this photo, but it encourages folks to send their altered Ed Lee signs to firstname.lastname@example.org
So, if you fancy yourself as a bit of an artistic genius, and you’d like the folk behind the RunEdRun campaign (can you say Rose Pak and Willie Brown?) to lay off with all the pressure, here’s your golden opportunity to make political artistic history.
And while you're at it (this one's for Walter Paulson, the bard who shows up and sings his public comments at Board meetings), why not have a stab at changing the Beatles' Let it Be lyrics to reflect your message to all the Ed Lee pushers?
I'll help you with the chorus, which goes like this:
"Let Ed be, let Ed be, let Ed be, let Ed be, Whisper words of wisdom, let Ed be!"
Most Commented On
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014
- Damn The TL Is Wealthy - July 24, 2014
- no more freebies - July 24, 2014
- Prove It! - July 24, 2014
- SccEkXlzhYna - July 24, 2014
- jQzeuXpmpHkJZ - July 24, 2014
- How i got cured of Hiv - July 24, 2014