Public Defender Jeff Adachi filed to run for mayor of San Francisco on Aug. 12, the last possible day to enter the race. Adachi said he'd decided to run in order to "make sure there's a voice in there that's talking about the fiscal realities of our city."
At a mayoral candidate forum Aug. 11, every single contender -- Mayor Ed Lee, Sup. John Avalos, venture capitalist Joanna Rees, Assessor Recorder Phil Ting, Board President David Chiu, City Attorney Dennis Herrera, former Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier, former Sup. Bevan Dufty, and Sen. Leland Yee -- said they would support the pension reform package that was placed on the ballot after discussion with labor unions, the mayor's office, and business interests, and not the pension reform measure authored by Adachi.
Here's a video of Adachi explaining his decision to members of the press moments after filling out the paperwork.
Video by Rebecca Bowe
Most Commented On
- story of the year - December 18, 2013
- Wholesale Leggings China - December 18, 2013
- One of the major negative - December 18, 2013
- Where did he say that "all - December 18, 2013
- You have this intense - December 18, 2013
- Please - that's "hit the - December 18, 2013
- Wholesale Leggings - December 17, 2013
- Wholesale Jeggings China - December 17, 2013
- What is with the recent BOS official pictures? - December 17, 2013
- wetlook leggings - December 17, 2013