Another nice scoop by Zusha Elinson at the Bay Citizen: He's got emails showing how BART tried to set up a fake counter-protest and press conference to skew media coverage toward how protests were inconveniencing riders.
The brainchild of Linton Johnson, BART's PR chief (and the man who brought you the cell-phone shutoff), the plans included a pre-written script and a couple of private SUVs with drivers to take the BART loyalists to the press conference.
You can't make this shit up.
BART's attempts to avoid protests and manipulate the press appear to exceed its interest in reforming police practices. I wonder, sometimes, if the BART Board is even paying attention.
Most Commented On
- Me too. I like that as well. - July 10, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - July 10, 2014
- I was there. I have to say, - July 10, 2014
- Isn't it the nonprofit - July 10, 2014
- From SF Gate: "The sale will - July 10, 2014
- I like how you specifically - July 10, 2014
- Some people don't have homes - July 10, 2014
- What the initiative really says. - July 10, 2014
- Why not single family homes - July 10, 2014
- Most would rather have the - July 10, 2014