Guardian City Editor Steven T. Jones is out in the streets this afternoon (9/29) covering the Occupy Wall Street protests that were brought to San Francisco by a coalition of labor and economic justice advocates, and inspired by ongoing demonstrations in New York City. Mayoral candidate Sup. John Avalos was spotted mixing with demonstrators as they flew signs calling for taxes on the rich.
"People are understanding that we've had the wool pulled over our eyes," Avalos said, "and they're fighting back."
Here's footage from the scene shot outside 555 California, a San Francisco skyscraper that was the former Bank of America headquarters and now houses offices for Goldman Sachs and other major financial players.
Video by Steven T. Jones
Most Commented On
- ryjPnPRszUs - July 23, 2014
- Important topic, sophomoric article - July 23, 2014
- How much would your proposal cost? - July 23, 2014
- GLsPUYWAqi - July 23, 2014
- Jimmy Cliff opening act - July 23, 2014
- The whole "racism against - July 23, 2014
- Clearly, Twitter employs too many Asians - July 23, 2014
- More racism from this soon to - July 23, 2014
- Who gives a shit? - July 23, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 23, 2014