The award for the best political ad of the year (so far) goes (no surprise) to Bevan Dufty, who is the only mayoral candidate willing to laugh about himself and the only one who could pull off an ad that's a love poem to Muni.
I'm sympathetic: I love Muni, too. But I'm not running for mayor and trying to explain why the system is so fucked up.
Still: It's great to see Dufty on the train with his kid, and it's great to remember how exciting Muni is for kids, and I laughed when I saw the ad. Which is something.
Check it out:
Most Commented On
- Wait until you experience your future. - May 21, 2013
- Defined benefit pensions are prohibitively expensive. - May 21, 2013
- Yeah. - May 21, 2013
- Who told you nobody gets laid - May 21, 2013
- no, bizarre logic was the - May 21, 2013
- you're being short sighted, - May 21, 2013
- Don't use children as an excuse for your own hangups - May 21, 2013
- "So which is it? Are the rich - May 21, 2013
- Fracking is becoming SOP everywhere. - May 21, 2013
- It's about ROI, dummy. - May 21, 2013