The award for the best political ad of the year (so far) goes (no surprise) to Bevan Dufty, who is the only mayoral candidate willing to laugh about himself and the only one who could pull off an ad that's a love poem to Muni.
I'm sympathetic: I love Muni, too. But I'm not running for mayor and trying to explain why the system is so fucked up.
Still: It's great to see Dufty on the train with his kid, and it's great to remember how exciting Muni is for kids, and I laughed when I saw the ad. Which is something.
Check it out:
Most Commented On
- There was too much - May 25, 2013
- You've missed the point. No - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Also in our club is a lawyer - May 24, 2013
- The very definition of risk - May 24, 2013
- I'm not the one who left that - May 24, 2013
- No one ever said the landlord - May 24, 2013
- The entire idea that moving - May 24, 2013
- Yes, I can. RC isn't going - May 24, 2013
- Except that I can afford it. - May 24, 2013