My poor dog will be hiding under the table when I get home, hyperventilating. I'm trying to make phone calls -- and I feel like I'm in a war zone. I know, I know -- it's fleet week and we support the troops and an expensive, dangerous, ostentatious display of military might should make us all feel better.
But I'm not feeling it.
I like a noisy event as much as anyone else. I'm all for street fairs, music in the parks, random shouting ... it's all good. This is a big city.
But do we really have to have Navy jets buzzing over us for several days? Is this a good way to spend our tax dollars? Does a city where JROTC is a huge issue need to celebrate what's really primarily a military recruiting event?
Or am I just jealous because they won't let me fly one?
Most Commented On
- The public transportation and - May 18, 2013
- He makes up for it by - May 18, 2013
- Texas. Yay. "Texas has - May 18, 2013
- Just - May 18, 2013
- A d we are all complicit - May 18, 2013
- Says the commenter who - May 18, 2013
- Illegals did come here illegally and are here illegally. - May 18, 2013
- Is that like "one of my friends is black and - May 18, 2013
- This debate isn't about healthcare but since you mentioned it, - May 18, 2013
- If Greg makes it up, it must be true. - May 18, 2013