My poor dog will be hiding under the table when I get home, hyperventilating. I'm trying to make phone calls -- and I feel like I'm in a war zone. I know, I know -- it's fleet week and we support the troops and an expensive, dangerous, ostentatious display of military might should make us all feel better.
But I'm not feeling it.
I like a noisy event as much as anyone else. I'm all for street fairs, music in the parks, random shouting ... it's all good. This is a big city.
But do we really have to have Navy jets buzzing over us for several days? Is this a good way to spend our tax dollars? Does a city where JROTC is a huge issue need to celebrate what's really primarily a military recruiting event?
Or am I just jealous because they won't let me fly one?
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014