After moving yesterday from the sidewalk in front of the Federal Reserve into nearby Justin Herman Plaza, the OccupySF encampment is again being threatened by the San Francisco Police Department, which is telling the group the city will enforce the nighttime curfew on the park and protesters must disperse. Sup. John Avalos is trying to mediate the conflict and Guardian news intern Yael Chanoff is covering the situation from the scene. Check back in the morning for a full report on this and other developments in the Occupy movement and its many manifestations around the world.
UPDATE: During an impromptu General Assembly, OccupySF votes to peacefully defy the police and not take down the camp as ordered. You can follow live video of the action here.
Most Commented On
- True, and Steven has maybe seven followers - April 16, 2014
- So he is a loser? - April 16, 2014
- so? - April 16, 2014
- Except people actually pay - April 16, 2014
- Nieto DID apply for a firearm - April 16, 2014
- Yes, this looks like a taking on the face of it. - April 16, 2014
- It would take me 24 hours to file an eviction notice - April 16, 2014
- He actually came third out of - April 16, 2014
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014