After moving yesterday from the sidewalk in front of the Federal Reserve into nearby Justin Herman Plaza, the OccupySF encampment is again being threatened by the San Francisco Police Department, which is telling the group the city will enforce the nighttime curfew on the park and protesters must disperse. Sup. John Avalos is trying to mediate the conflict and Guardian news intern Yael Chanoff is covering the situation from the scene. Check back in the morning for a full report on this and other developments in the Occupy movement and its many manifestations around the world.
UPDATE: During an impromptu General Assembly, OccupySF votes to peacefully defy the police and not take down the camp as ordered. You can follow live video of the action here.
Most Commented On
- Thank you so much for - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014
- FBFoPYvvWKhBC - July 24, 2014
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014