The San Francisco Chronicle finally -- finally -- put the story about voter fraud by Ed Lee's supporters on the front page Oct. 25, and it was on the top of sfgate for a few hours. But by 11:30 a.m., the story was off the front page of the paper's website, buried where it's impossible to find without searching -- and replaced by a big story about this bizarre Ed Lee rap video featuring Hammer, will.i.am and Brian Wilson. It's almost a joke, the video, a cartoon version of a music video featuring young women chanting "Ed Leeeeee" and lyrics that just about left me speechless:
My my my, music hits me so hard,
Newsom left and they put him in charge,
Thank you, for blessing me,
and the rest of the city with Mayor Ed Lee
Got us all sayin’ “Run Lee Run”
Only five-foot-five but he gets (bleep) done
So tell them other candidates to find a bus pass,
Unless you ridin’ with us…FEAR THE MUSTACHE!
It's almost like Rappin Ronald Reagan. Except that one was actually funny.
So: A real, serious story about the kind of dangerous sleaze that we can expect from an Ed Lee administration is bumped off the top of the city's daily newspaper website to make room for a weak joke. Go Chronicle. Go sfgate.
Most Commented On
- Tradeoffs - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Branches of government - July 29, 2014
- Jane is smart - July 29, 2014
- Daly caved all the time. - July 29, 2014
- Well, it clearly doesn't work - July 29, 2014
- Kim and SFBG - July 29, 2014
- I cannot picture her - July 29, 2014
- Yes, it is a policy - July 29, 2014
- Protect light industrial businesses from Big Tech sprawl - July 29, 2014