From Steven T. Jones on the streets of Oakland:
The large crowd has been chanting "peaceful protest" as it moves back to the Plaza. That's in response to a small group that's been breaking windows at BofA, Wells Fargo and Chase. There's also been vandalism at Clorox and Whole Foods. The Chron reports that the vandals are mostly wearing masks.
But for the most part, it's peaceful and most of the activists are trying to avoid (and discourage) the behavior of a few.
You can follow all the action at our twitter feed here .
If you're on facebook, there's a short video on Steve's page here.
- How far will $10 an hour stretch in 2016? - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014