Steven T. Jones and Rebecca Bowe are out on the streets of Oakland as Occupy Oakland tries to shut down the city. They're posting live updates on Twitter here. And there's already some success -- the Oakland branches of Wells Fargo, Citibank and Chase have been shut down by the protesters. There are two sound stages set up downtown, and so far, the cops are holding off on any action.
It is, our reporters say, "part party, part protest, and an inspiring demonstration of people power."
Most Commented On
- More jobless is not incompatible with a good economy. - May 18, 2013
- It's not harassment unless you think that every aspect of - May 18, 2013
- Astute onservations. SFBg is an uneasy mix of two SF trends. - May 18, 2013
- Your not giving anything to anyone. - May 18, 2013
- For your search engine: - May 18, 2013
- So as a public service, - May 18, 2013
- You still seem to believe that hiring someone is a bad thing. - May 18, 2013
- My impression of the Guardian - May 18, 2013
- Bullying proves nothing. - May 18, 2013
- No harassment and no extortion. - May 18, 2013