At the Carnelian by the Bay behind the Ferry Building, District 5 supervisor Ross Mirkarimi seemed like a guy who didn't want to speak too soon.
But the cheers and hugs from supporters -- and the smile spreading across his face -- reflected polling results so far.Mirkarimi was ahead by 10 points.
"This isn't over yet," he said. "But I like where it's going."
Sen. Mark leno was more direct, saying, "I think you are the next sheriff of San Francisco."
Most Commented On
- Why Would I Be "Tolerant" of Intolerance? - May 24, 2013
- GOP'ers don't hate gays at all. Many GOP'er are gay. - May 24, 2013
- I'm just one of many here. - May 24, 2013
- But that's exactly the point. The successful do not hate - May 24, 2013
- It's not a surprise that some States have differing views on - May 24, 2013
- What's the worst that could - May 24, 2013
- Yes - May 24, 2013
- They can build without affecting the view from Telegraph Hill - May 24, 2013
- Not even on internet comment pages, - May 24, 2013
- A better question is: - May 24, 2013