At the Carnelian by the Bay behind the Ferry Building, District 5 supervisor Ross Mirkarimi seemed like a guy who didn't want to speak too soon.
But the cheers and hugs from supporters -- and the smile spreading across his face -- reflected polling results so far.Mirkarimi was ahead by 10 points.
"This isn't over yet," he said. "But I like where it's going."
Sen. Mark leno was more direct, saying, "I think you are the next sheriff of San Francisco."
Most Commented On
- That existing noise from - December 5, 2013
- You talking about the the old - December 5, 2013
- Eviction = Death ... What a - December 5, 2013
- Never heard of the Marsh - December 5, 2013
- Seems weird to me that ALL of the SF waterfront belongs to the - December 5, 2013
- Pete must be a westsider - December 5, 2013
- Is that you Cowboy? Hey, - December 5, 2013
- Wrong, the Marsh is the outlier demanding that all their - December 5, 2013
- Surely the onus is on you to soundproof your own space if - December 5, 2013
- and my name is Marga Gomez - - December 5, 2013