This one's going to be interesting. In my hasty first post I wrote that Chris Cunnie was trailing Mirkarimi, but in fact, the second-place candidate is Paul Miyamoto. That's interesting because I didn't think Miyamoto could win -- but he's obviously getting some benefit from the strong Asian vote. I figured Cunnie was the real threat to Mirkarimi, and I still think he is -- but Mirkarimi did well enough in the absentees that he's probably going to get a fair number of Miyamoto's second-place votes.
And I still think Miyamoto will drop to third by the end of the night, will be eliminated in the ranked-choice voting runoff -- and his second-place votes will determine who the next sheriff will be.
Most Commented On
- The surcharge goe to the state - July 11, 2014
- 1 month? - July 11, 2014
- Ah so YOU are the 30% that - July 11, 2014
- So he deserved to have a cop - July 11, 2014
- That totally means he - July 11, 2014
- Season's greetings - July 11, 2014
- Is Newsom on the wrong side of high-speed rail history? - July 11, 2014
- rent - July 11, 2014
- Everything, because many people have to drive there if there is - July 11, 2014
- Yes, good point, the real employer here is the non-profit - July 11, 2014