The first DA numbers have just come in: Gason 48%, Bock 21%, Onek 15%. But so far a smoking little jazz trio downstairs is about the only real excitement at DA candidate Sharmin Bock's campaign party at Yoshi's on Fillmore. No big reaction yet, and the candidate isn't expected to arrive until 9:30.
Yet campaign coordinator Kimberly Walz Abando tells me there's been a lot of energy in the Bock campaign. It even reminds her a little of Chicago, where she worked on Mayor Rahm Emmanuel's last campaign before moving to San Francisco.
Rough-and-tumble Chicago is a very different place, she said, "but what's the same is you get a lot of passionate volunteers who believe in the candidate and will work 15 hour days."
She also has a policy background and liked how Bock raised big issues: "She was able to bring forward the issue of unsolved murders and rapes."
Most Commented On
- If crime moves away that is almost as good as crime going away. - March 10, 2014
- Streetsblog views holding - March 10, 2014
- Less crime? - March 10, 2014
- Oh my gosh THANK YOU! You - March 10, 2014
- The "The Trees" by Rush - March 10, 2014
- Never had any need to. - March 10, 2014
- I saw the video and it is - March 10, 2014
- Beautiful voice and I am - March 10, 2014
- Let your loving mother feel very delighted on Mother’s Day - March 10, 2014
- nice post - March 10, 2014