This is perfect: The Courage Campaign is running an ad encouraging Kim Kardashian -- who made $12 million last year for pretty much nothing except being Kim Kardashian -- to endorse the millionaire-tax ballot initiative. The point is that Kim's income is about 240 times as much as the income for the median California family -- and she pays only 1 percent more in taxes.
We need to make Kim understand how much regular folks are suffering these days. If we do, maybe she'll support paying a little more to help fund criticial services.
Sign me up. Tax Kim. If I had her phone number, I'd call her right now and tell her that her public is waiting -- for her to join the Courage Campaign. Somehow, I don't.
Most Commented On
- I don't quite get the indie rock connection here either - July 23, 2014
- Blame the Rent Control - July 23, 2014
- Rise of the machines - July 23, 2014
- GXicIxYknXWNzVCib - July 23, 2014
- It would appear that many, many people love the new condos - July 23, 2014
- So long as the Mayor's Office - July 23, 2014
- Thank you so much for - July 23, 2014
- H. Brown: Goodbye to all that, we hope - July 23, 2014
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014
- Hey, Marke, you provided all the amusing material here - July 23, 2014