This is perfect: The Courage Campaign is running an ad encouraging Kim Kardashian -- who made $12 million last year for pretty much nothing except being Kim Kardashian -- to endorse the millionaire-tax ballot initiative. The point is that Kim's income is about 240 times as much as the income for the median California family -- and she pays only 1 percent more in taxes.
We need to make Kim understand how much regular folks are suffering these days. If we do, maybe she'll support paying a little more to help fund criticial services.
Sign me up. Tax Kim. If I had her phone number, I'd call her right now and tell her that her public is waiting -- for her to join the Courage Campaign. Somehow, I don't.
Most Commented On
- It's family income that counts for means testing and so - May 24, 2013
- A nicely composed comment, - May 24, 2013
- Put it this way. The unit I let for $1,200 a month in 1994 now - May 24, 2013
- The Vote Would Have No Effect On the Use Of the Triangle - May 24, 2013
- Yep, you nailed me, I'm not the original Eddie. - May 24, 2013
- Central Subway will be a success because it links a number - May 24, 2013
- It is Not a High Rise and the Referendum Would Not Halt It. - May 24, 2013
- Sandy, you lose your argument and any support when you - May 24, 2013
- The Project Will Likely Go Forward, Even Without The Height - May 24, 2013
- Tourists do not cost the city money; they make the city money. - May 24, 2013