Here's some good news for some bleak days: Anna Conda, whose given name is Glendon Hyde, is set to become the first drag queen to serve as president of the Milk Club. Glendon, a well known and exceptionally talented local performer, ran for District 6 supervisor in 2010 as a strong progressive and has been active in district as well as citywide politics as a member of the Entertainment Commission.
Gabriel Haaland reminds me that Anna Conda will not be the first trans person to serve as Milk Club president -- Haaland had the job years ago. But still: Politics is serious, and Anna Conda takes it seriously -- but a little fun in life makes it all bearable. And I suspect that Anna will make the Milke Club meetings lively. Congratulations!
Most Commented On
- I don't think means testing - May 23, 2013
- "Again, I repeat: YOU DO NOT - May 23, 2013
- To hell with all of you Guests - May 23, 2013
- I can explain the confusion - May 23, 2013
- You can live far above - May 23, 2013
- Um, it doesn't matter how - May 23, 2013
- As someone who works for the poor - May 23, 2013
- It's not a myth, there's a - May 23, 2013
- Speaking of precious - May 23, 2013
- Renters subsidize homeowners - May 23, 2013