Here's some good news for some bleak days: Anna Conda, whose given name is Glendon Hyde, is set to become the first drag queen to serve as president of the Milk Club. Glendon, a well known and exceptionally talented local performer, ran for District 6 supervisor in 2010 as a strong progressive and has been active in district as well as citywide politics as a member of the Entertainment Commission.
Gabriel Haaland reminds me that Anna Conda will not be the first trans person to serve as Milk Club president -- Haaland had the job years ago. But still: Politics is serious, and Anna Conda takes it seriously -- but a little fun in life makes it all bearable. And I suspect that Anna will make the Milke Club meetings lively. Congratulations!
Most Commented On
- A tech company CEO is responsible - December 11, 2013
- Lilli, you claim to never engage in trollery and yet you have - December 11, 2013
- TRUST ... what TRUST when it is RIGGED and UNACCOUNTABLE ??? - December 11, 2013
- The Education/Liberalism connection - December 11, 2013
- If Steven had admitted he was duped and apologized for - December 11, 2013
- "by our rollercoaster - December 11, 2013
- That's half the problem, marcos. - December 11, 2013
- Can you point to any - December 11, 2013
- Fuck the "tech leaders," - December 11, 2013
- Correction - December 11, 2013