The supervisors will vote Jan. 31 on new rules for the use of Harvey Milk Plaza and Jane Warner Plaza, rules that could have an impact on the future use of small public parklets. Sup. Scott Wiener introduced the legislation, which has stirred up a lot of opposition -- and in the end, the decision will probably come down to how Sup. David Chiu decides to vote. Activists involved in the battle say it's likely the progressives will oppose the measure, and the supervisors who typically side with the more conservative bloc will support it, and Chiu (and maybe Sup. Malia Cohen) will be the swing votes.
There's an online petition against the measure; you can sign it here.
Most Commented On
- I don't want to build you a strawman - May 21, 2013
- And..... - May 21, 2013
- I'm saying that unless you walk or cycle everywhere then you are - May 21, 2013
- I thought it was closer to 50% - May 21, 2013
- Oakland - May 21, 2013
- The writer is monitoring and responding now - May 21, 2013
- "Rootless" is better used tod escribe someone with no home - May 21, 2013
- There never was any good art in SF. - May 21, 2013
- Obama has turned out better than I thought. - May 21, 2013
- Funny, JW, cuz the OK tornado got mentioned a few times. - May 21, 2013