I missed the state Democratic Party convention, too -- had the kids all weekend while the partner was partying in Vegas. But that's OK -- lots of other people were there, and while the MSM mostly missed what was going on, the bloggers had it covered.
If you want the live blow-byblow and some excellent post-prandial analysis, CalBuzz had the scoop. Mostly: Jerry Brown was acting like, well, Jerry, and ducking the major issue of the competing tax measures. John Burton said fuck a lot. Kamala Harris had the best speech (and is already positioning herself to run for guv or maybe senate, maybe against Gavin Newsom, who was working every room).
If you want all the drama around the Howard Berman v. Brad Sherman battle, John Meyers of KQED has the story and the audio.
If you want to know -- suprise, surprise -- how the Old Guard in the party (once again) screwed the grassroots activists and kept an iron fist of control over the outcome of some of the key votes, Paul Hogart tells the sad, predictable tale here and Brian Leubitz at Calitics has an overview here.
And if you've read all of that and still need to know more about the insides of the San Diego Convention Center, then you're a sicker soul than I.
Most Commented On
- I really don't understand - July 23, 2014
- It's really about make it - July 23, 2014
- thank you dr sule - July 23, 2014
- Keep the dam - July 23, 2014
- MUNI workers need raises - NOW - July 23, 2014
- Do they have the right to target civilians, Greg? - July 23, 2014
- Balance - July 23, 2014
- In addition to being dumb - July 23, 2014
- Restoring Hetch Hetchy Valley: A New Approach - July 23, 2014
- "Misunderstand" is putting it charitably - July 23, 2014