Yael Chanoff reports from the scene of the Occupy building takeover with a really strange development:.
Police had put up barricades in front of 888 Turk, and many of the protesters were out of the building, but some were still inside. Then, after the front door was completely sealed, a lone man, his face covered by a black bandana, appeared on the roof. He held a brick in each hand, and after a dramatic pause, hurled one of the bricks into the crowd below. It struck a protester in the face, causing a bloody injury. Paramedics are on the scene.
The brick-thrower kept up the barrage, hitting another protester in the leg, then moved to an adjacent building and began throwing pipes, hitting a police car.
Hundreds of police arrived on the scene; The brick thrower apparently vanished.
Most Commented On
- What a great idea for a - December 9, 2013
- You do realize that part of - December 9, 2013
- So, Greg, you formally admit that you want teachers to spend - December 9, 2013
- After Tim quit, Steven held a "summit meeting" where he claimed - December 9, 2013
- O rly? - December 9, 2013
- If they use the infrastructure, they should pay for it. - December 9, 2013
- Stunning comment - December 9, 2013
- Newly attained? The SFBG has - December 9, 2013
- Coincidentally, my name is - December 9, 2013
- Police your own rank self. - December 9, 2013